Anyone Have Tech Forks On A Ossa Or Gasgas..need Help

vegas3416

I have a 2013 Raga with tech forks installed and am told the front hub that goes with the tech forks does not require a spacer on the front hub but the hubs I keep ordering all seem to require the spacer. I've seen pics of the Ossa with tech forks and it does not use the spacer. So I know what I've been told is correct but need to know if guys are using a stock hub with the tech forks and you are using a spacer is the wheel offset a little to get the wheel to sit in the middle between the forks and the other question is if you have an Ossa with tech forks could you measure the front hub so I can see how much different the hub is from mine and to try and see what offsets are different to determine if it will be just better to find the correct hub vs having to use the spacer. Any help you guys can give would be much appreciated.

disk has a spacer behind and that matches the spacer in thickness. Think the hub is a standard gg one and they spaced it to fit new forks.

Im not "running " tech forks thats how it comes.

would take a photo but wheels in truers workshop will do when its back.

Edited by nigel dabster

I think you'll find the spacer is actually a sleeve to reduce the ID of the standard bearings to the smaller diameter of the Tech wheel spindle.  On my Jotagas the sleeve is installed from the opposite side to the disc; there's nothing to space the disc side of the hub away from the fork leg and the disc and calliper line up perfectly.  So provided your disc and calliper are in alignment surely it's just a matter of tweaking a few nipples if your rim isn't central?