Lochaber British Championship Round

bill.m

Does anyone have any information on this weekends British round being run by the Lochaber club ? I checked their website yesterday and it said details to follow. Anyone know where and when and what happens on Saturday so I can justify an overnight trip ? :lol:

Sunday the 2nd OCtober at Kinlochleven. It's not that big a place so just follow the crowd or ask the friendly locals.

It's a pity you had not asked a week earlier as my folks stay in Fort William and I was going to go and see the event.

I stay in Aberdeen like yourself but the missus could not be bothered.

If I'd have found a like minded person we could have gone up together as the folks are on holiday so free digs to boot !!!!

Edited by Flash

Thanks Flash just my luck. It still seems like a bit of a secret meeting though. Does no-one know the start time or what happens on Saturday ? Is it just practice or do they do the first lap of the competition. How far is it to walk to the sections or are they all miles in the hills ? Ah so many questions, still I suppose I could always go to the bike racing at Knockhill instead. Easy to find starts at 9am and finishes after the last race. :lol:

As far as I am aware the events does not start until Sunday so if anything there will only be practice on Sat.

Some of the sections last year were down by the lochside which is just a short walk, others are not too far away. They are not in the middle of nowhere like some of the SSDT sections.

Andy the admin of this board should be able to help you try PMing him as he is booked into the local Macdonalds hotel in Kinlochleven and should be able to give you the start time.

Trying phoning this number and ask for Sandra who will be able to give you info:

01855 831445

Edited by Flash

The paddock is at the local high school on the outskirts of Kinloch. there are toilets and refreshments and the scoreboard will be in the school canteen.The practise session is usually very good spectating, it's when we find out just how hard the sections are and sometimes alterations are made! Anyone wishing to camp at the school can get access anytime after 6pm tomorrow night. The Macdonald Hotel (adjacent to paddock) are making their showers and toilets available for a small fee of course. The programmes will be on sale in the canteen. The sections are easily walkable, but I would bring the wellies because it's pretty muddy in between. Early start on Sunday - 9am - so the riders and spectators can get home at a reasonable time. The forecast for Sunday isn't too bad, fingers crossed we get a good day!!