Overheating 1998 Gas Gas Tx 270(Please Help)

irishduffy

Hello people

im new to the site so first of all I would like to say hello and what a great site and source of information. I hope this question is in the right area so here goes.

Recently I purchased a tx 270.i test rode it and all was good The bike seemed a good runner and mostly origanal.The bike has a k&n cone filter instead of the original airbox.i brought it for a ride on some local woods and it started spewing coolant from the overflow at the top of the rad.the fan seems to come on when it is supposed to.

im wondering would the k&n have anything to do with this issue maybe the bike is getting to much air and is affecting the mixture.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps I have just spent 150euro in trials an tribulations on a new water pump assembly,head o ring,gaskets etc.

Edited by irishduffy

The K&N has nothing to do with the over heating, but also has no place being on a trials bike. So was the water pump bad? Did you have a head leak? Have you hooked up 12v to the fan? I would by pass the thermo until you solve this problem.  Fix the problem, do not go for a long ride. It could be just electrical.