Beta Rev 3 Shock Leak?

roester

I've just got back from riding my 2007 Beta Rev 3 250 and noticed some oil around the bottom of the rear shock. However, there is no oil on the shaft. Can the shocks leak from the bottom? I have taken the shock off and there are no obvious cracks. The oil smells like suspension fluid I think. The shock has been working well although I did wonder if it went a bit dead near the end of my session today. The bike is fairly low hour.

Thanks

Thanks for your replies. I took the shock off, cleaned it up, put it back on and bounced around on it for a few minutes and fluid started coming out of the bottom of the shock - there is no crack - just where the base of the shock fits to the main body. Any ideas what has happened? Has the bladder gone? Looking at previous threads it looks like these haven't been available for a few years.

Goudrons - have you got a contact for Ollie? How much was it?

Many thanks.

I think I got it from Haven trials and it cost around £230, but that was a few years ago.

Looking at the webpage and it seems they don't sell online anymore, so give them a ring.

They have a choice of spring, soft, standard and heavy.

I went for standard.

I think Bosi offroad list them on their site too.

http://www.bosioffroad.it/en/products/rear-shock

BTW it's Olle, not Ollie, my mistake.

Edited by goudrons