Anyone Got An 04 250 Sherco Jst Wantin Setup Tips

clean machine

Not sure about the 2.5 but my 2.9 doesn't seem to suffer from that problem and I have ridden some BIG hills!

You may try resetting the ignition timing back a few degrees to smooth the power. A slow throttle helps the control as well.

The high rpm's in third will give you tremendous flywheel inertia that will carry you through and over most obstickles in the middle of the hill with the power OFF. Getting back on the gas TOO hard is what makes the wheel spin!

Cheers

This is one of the faults of the Sherco, in that some times a 3.5 gear is required, but rarely in competition. If you want to pratt around on a particular climb you have 2 choices; change the gearing, learn to ride so far in fourth till it bogs a little then knock it down into 3rd. B)

What cope meant by dropping your heels was to put your toes on the pegs and drop your heels, it loads the rear suspension.

I would suggest squatting and slipping the clutch. How much air do you have in your rear tire? 4 lbs seems to work well for me most of the time.

Wayne

Wayne brings up another point, if you set your tire pressure before riding the bike to 4psi, you may find that it increases signifigantly after riding and the tire warms up. I have seen changes of as much as 1 and 1/2 psi which can totally change the tires ability to get a bite after a few minutes on the loop.

Because of this, I started setting cold at 3psi and checking it after riding a bit, especilaay in cooler weather. Of course you will have to adjust up for rocky terrain!

Cheers