No Clutch

elvis

Think I need a new set of clutch plates?

Problems- severe drag which only major adjusting cures but in doing so makes the lever extremely heavy and strenuous to use.I tried bleeding the clutch and never noticed any air but on my next outing clutch worked fine,great I thought!

Changed gearbox oil through the week, was out on the bike this morning and had no clutch what so ever. Adjusted it through the range but not an ounce of difference. Drove home well cheesed off :P . Any ideas. Cheers

you need to replace the shimmed plates in the clutch if you take the clutch basket off the bike and measure the total thickness you can adjust the thickness to inside the tolerances by replacing one or maybe two plates they're relatively cheap from gas gas uk look on john stoodleys tech pages on gas gas usa site and it will give you the clutch measurements this topic has also been covered on here a few times if you look back through the pages my clutch got really heavy and after changing the plates it felt like i was pulling air