Hello To All, New To Trials! Have I Have Questions For You

neilboxer

Hello, where to start. I've just purchased a Beta evo 300 4T. What kind of tyre pressures should I be running front and rear? I've been told you don't soak and rinse the air filter in filter oil you just give it a light spray, is this right? How much play shoud there be in the head stock? I Want to do an oil and filter change, I'm told these have 3 filters to change? Any recommendations on oil? Finally, roughly how long should it take for the rad fan to kick in? Thanks in advance

Edited by neilboxer

neilboxer

Standard tyre pressures are 4psi rear and 6psi front. Everyone has there own idea regarding air filter maintenance. The are 2 oil screens to check and 1 oil filter to change. The fan kick in time will vary quite a bit depending on the ambient temp.

bent rotor (unlikely but possible), a caliper mount that's catching (I'm new to trials but if it's a floating caliper like MX bikes this would be a possibility), bent tab on a brake pad, a rock or gunk in the brake assembly somewhere?  not sure but it might give you a few things to look for.  also make sure your brake pedal moves freely and doesn't bind somewhere.

Krlewis34 has a great starting list and as for brake pedal not just moves freely but also having it out of adjustment.  If there isn't at least a little play before the peddle starts to press the brake piston you will have this issue so you can try loosening the peddle a bit extra and see if that fix's it, if so they re-adjust to your preference.