Beta Rev3 Fan Not Working

chrisllandre

An old topic with a lot of replies but the more I read the more confused I am.

Beta Rev3 250 2008.

Fan has stopped coming on.  Have joined up the two wires from the fan to the stat and nothing,  Have connected a 12v battery to the two fan wires and nothing.

Does this mean the fan is knackered or could there be a problem with the earth.  In relation to this the original engine cut out switch is working so I guess that means the earth is fine.

Or is it something else.  Please use little words me and electric don't mix very well.

Chris

Just re-read your post if you have put voltage across the two thermostat wires the fan will not run, you need to connect across the fan feed, the thermostat wires are only a positive line that is switched!

Unplug the fan connector and connect it to a 12v supply, If it does not spin then the fan its toast.

As others have said the thermostat wires are just a series connection, Basically a switch,  Connecting a power source to the 2 wires will do nothing.

Try the fan first directly and report back.

• 2 years later...

Hello, I have a similar problem with my beta rev 3, fan stopped working. tried bridging the thermostat wires and nothing. So I put 12v directly to fan and nothing so figured the fan was goosed. Ordered new fan tested with 12v before I put it in and it worked a treat. Installed on the bike and it doesn't work. Tried riding the thermostat wires and nothing.

Tested the wires going from the thermostat thinking they may be broken but they are fine. Can anyone please help me to figure this out?