Four Stroke Pre-1990 Class

ringnalda

I am of course completely biased, but would it be an idea to have a class for trial competitions limted to four-stroke engined bikes built before 1990? That would make the RTL honda shine once more, and would allow twinshock as well as monoshock bikes to compete in this class...

Here we go - I'll get shot down in flames here, but I'll say what I actually believe.

There are too many classes already - all over the place.

We've got four routes at our trials, which caters for almost all levels of rider. The only ones it possibly doesn't cater for is the superstar, who has progressed past the expert route.

Eventually we'll have a class for male one legged virgo's on late 1982 monoshocks. If the route is there, then the extra class just seems to be providing an award, which I don't think is the real spirit of things.

I'd love (eventually) to get hold of something like a 250 majesty or a Fantic 240, but I wouldn't want my own class, nowt wrong with riding it on the Novice/Inter/Expert route and seeing how competitive it could be against modern machinery, in fact that would be the whole point of it for me.

I know this sounds sort of abrasive, but it's not meant to be, it's just my view, and I'm keen to hear others which may be just as valid :)

The ACU Classic rounds do an aicooled mono class already.....different thing to a normal club trial I know, I think BS is right, far too many routes already...for me the ideal situation would be two routes, Hard and Easy.

Nothing worse than riding a trial with yellow's red and blue and white and even green markers in the same section.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

If there's enough RTL's etc to make a class and it doesn't effect any of classes then fine.

Similar topic and just wondering :D : What classes of Adult routes do other centre and combines have? In the South East i've seen and heard of:

Super Expert, Expert, Expert B, Inter, Novice, Wobbler, Twin-Shock Inter, Twin-Shock Novice, Sportsman, Over 40's, Over 50's, Over 60 and i think Over 70's. Pre 67 ABCD, Rigid, Sidcar Expert, Sidcar Novice, Sidcar Pre 67 and Rigid. <_<

Similar topic and just wondering :D : What classes of Adult routes do other centre and combines have? In the South East i've seen and heard of:

Super Expert, Expert, Expert B, Inter, Novice, Wobbler, Twin-Shock Inter, Twin-Shock Novice, Sportsman, Over 40's, Over 50's, Over 60 and i think Over 70's. Pre 67 ABCD, Rigid, Sidcar Expert, Sidcar Novice, Sidcar Pre 67 and Rigid.  :crying:

:crying::D

must remind myself never to trial in the South East Centre <_<

In the South East i've seen and heard of:

Super Expert, Expert, Expert B, Inter, Novice, Wobbler, Twin-Shock Inter, Twin-Shock Novice, Sportsman, Over 40's, Over 50's, Over 60 and i think Over 70's. Pre 67 ABCD, Rigid, Sidcar Expert, Sidcar Novice, Sidcar Pre 67 and Rigid. wacko.gif

Wonder how long it takes to lay out a trial and how many colours of the rainbow are used in the section markers?

Edited by g4321

Similar topic and just wondering :) : What classes of Adult routes do other centre and combines have? In the South East i've seen and heard of:

Super Expert, Expert, Expert B, Inter, Novice, Wobbler, Twin-Shock Inter, Twin-Shock Novice, Sportsman, Over 40's, Over 50's, Over 60 and i think Over 70's. Pre 67 ABCD, Rigid, Sidcar Expert, Sidcar Novice, Sidcar Pre 67 and Rigid.

Edited by spud

• 4 weeks later...
I am of course completely biased, but would it be an idea to have a class for trial competitions limted to four-stroke engined bikes built before 1990?  That would make the RTL honda shine once more, and would allow twinshock as well as monoshock bikes to compete in this class...

Must gear down my TLR250R-G then if this class happens...Gawd...that means coming out of retirement:)

I am of course completely biased, but would it be an idea to have a class for trial competitions limted to four-stroke engined bikes built before 1990?  That would make the RTL honda shine once more, and would allow twinshock as well as monoshock bikes to compete in this class...

An Italjet Scott up against an RTL.....eeeek