Entry Fees

dadof2

How much does it cost?

I bet its more that £15 :D

For the first BEMSEE meeting of the year it will cost £145 for one day. That would get you one practice session and two races of about 10 minutes.

Both days and the practice day before will cost you £400.

Spen I'm fully aware of what road racing costs I was third in the 350 classic TT last year.

• Like 2

Come visit Australia. Pay 100gbp for a yearly restricted licence (trial, mini-moto), or 150 for unrestricted. There's maybe 20 events in my state (over 3 times the size of UK) but you'll have to join 7 or 8 different clubs at around 15gbp each.

Closest trial to me is a 110 miles away.

Edited by s.e.lucas
  • Like 2

Holy cow, i recently took up trials to sharpen my skills for road racing and i was almost embarrassed to hand over the £15 for my practise and entry fees. Complete and utter bargain and the people who give their time to organise it complete saints!

• Like 7

Excessive increases! :facepalm: 

£12-15 entry and £10 annual license fee, I think the word you are after is bargain!  

Dadily do thesame exercise for football please?

TRIALS IS CHEAP IN COMPARISON YOUVE DONE THIS THREAD BEFORE IF YOU CANT ACCEPT THE MAJORITY OPINION START YOUR OWN ORGANISATION.

BARGAIN

• Like 1

For the first BEMSEE meeting of the year it will cost £145 for one day. That would get you one practice session and two races of about 10 minutes.

Both days and the practice day before will cost you £400.

Spen I'm fully aware of what road racing costs I was third in the 350 classic TT last year.

Rob Gregory's mate???

A approx. cost for me to do a trial

bike fuel £5

Van fuel £10

entry fee £15

TOTAL £30  X that by 4. If you do 4 a month (summer) = £120 a month. That's before repairs and oil... :popcorn:

Deano, cant decide if you think thats good or bad?  

Thought I would come back to this.

Firstly I accept that trials is pretty cheap and in no way is it my intention to be overly critical of organising clubs.

What prompted me to write the post was a local trial being advertised with a £20 entry fee.I can remember when the entry fee for that trial was £2. I was pleased to see the club got a decent entry but I think it would still only be about 50 or 60% of the number of riders they would get when the fee was £2.  At the time I was earning £4.08 per hour, a fair but not exceptional rate for a welder. I now see comparable welders jobs being advertised between £8 and £11 per hour. IE the entry fee has gone from under 1/2 the hourly rate to about double it.

Inflation+ rises have an insidious effect that goes barely noticed. I know of quite a number of riders staying away from MX, Karting and Trials and they say costs including entry fees are a key factor.

I suspect disposable income in the 16 to 25 year old age range is possibly at an all time low. 

Regarding me and the other "greens" paying £10 to be a TC supporter, yes I really should get round to paying. I spend £80 (compulsory, £40 (compulsory) & £25 (suggested not compulsory) on other forums to do with my business. The big difference on these forums is you get accurate advice and on 2 of them insults are completely unknown. There is the odd bit of witty sarcasm on the £40 forum. Until about a year ago I used to spend about £40 on another forum but gave up my membership when the content started to drift away from the era I was interested in. Some other members were apparently of the same view and have started their own free forum.

• Like 1

the vast majority don't even cough up the £10 annual subscription, just look at the lines of green meany names along the bottom!!!

Andy should consider putting in annual reminders, seems only fair.

I PM'd Andy about this and am yet to receive a reply....

I stopped road racing 18 months ago but to give you an idea of how cheap trials is here is a typical cost for the one day meetings I did with EMRA.

Entry   £155

Tyres  £450

Fuel    £40

Oil       £25

Granted winning a big race paid +£400 but most people don't win and on top there would be routine replacement of parts and if you crash you might be looking at hundreds of pounds worth of damage.

Trials is cheap as chips.

• Like 1