Entry Fees

dadof2

Good answer, for all those who say it's to cheap I'm sure the ACU will happily accept donations of all your surplus money.

I don't think anyone is saying they have surplus money, but from my experience in bike sport of all kinds, Trials is by far the cheapest discipline. I've been to trials over the past years that may only have a turn out of 20 riders, how does the club allow for costs with such low numbers as possibly insurance alone is a fixed price per trial, it could leave clubs at a loss at some events.

Don't think insurance is fixed price, enter on day is cost per rider. Just not sure why trials is being compared to speed sports which are undoubtedly higher risk. I'm sure parents with one or more children who compete don't complain how cheap trials is as a sport.

• Like 1

Don't think insurance is fixed price, enter on day is cost per rider. Just not sure why trials is being compared to speed sports which are undoubtedly higher risk. I'm sure parents with one or more children who compete don't complain how cheap trials is as a sport.

Trials like many other past times/hobbies is a choice, it's not forced upon you to compete or take part. You know the costs before hand so not much point in complaining after the fact. Generally kids memberships are cheaper as are entry fees. The entry fee is possibly one of the cheapest parts of the sport you will have to pay for.

• Like 3

I can see the point of complaining about say Council tax costs, tv licence, interest rates and so on as these are things we have no choice but to pay, but to be given a choice of "pay or not" surely the choice is your own?

Once you've paid your council tax (over 2.5k for me) it reduces "available" funds !!

Insurance here does not consider trials to be a speed sport and therefor you can run an event under your clubs general liability the same as putting on a trail ride or a picnic. I can call up the insurance company (or send an email) letting them know the location and the name of the land owner so they are also covered and they send me a certificate for the day in question at no additional cost. We have worked hard with the insurance companies but it has paid off.

• Like 1

michael - that's not how we run it here in the UK under the ACU. The ACU charge the organiser a fixed amount per adult rider, youth rider, passenger, etc. The idea being that its fair, small trials are economical, and the risk is proportionally based on the number of riders.

That said the insurance component includes a variety of thing (public liability, third part liability, limited personal accident and other things).

Just asking if the CMA charges clubs when they put on events or do clubs have to pay into the CMA in addition to having its members all buy $80 memberships?

WE - are the Maritime Trials Riders MTR - and we are affiliated with the WTC and NSORRA and WE put on free events and WE are asked our opinion when rule changes are made to the WTC rule book. WE are sponsored by BETA, SHERCO, and just recently HONDA.

Maybe there is a bigger picture that I am missing but after 6 years of asking to be shown it I am starting wonder if there really is... although I am starting to get the idea that it may be coming and am really hoping it will be a beautiful thing.

You said you have sponsored riders. I guess your idea of sponsored is different. No matter what sport you are engaged in, the notion of a non- sanctioned, non-registered , self proclaimed entity should merge with the FIM affiliated National sanctioning body for trials in Canada is absurd. So. again this also makes the WTC look like a farce.It has NO goals, NO validity within the sport outside what it self proclaims. Again and again I keep hearing the same redoric. If you truly want to help the sport and believe in its future in Canada, you should try putting your effort into something, and people who share that passion, and have the experience and history that you do not as of yet, all under OUR only National sanctioning body, who like all other countries in the world involved with the sport, work under the FIM.