Beta Rev4T Rear Shock

stephenpritchett

I replaced the knackered rear shock on my old Rev3 with an Olle.

The original Paoli leaked and it turned out the bladder had split.

I couldn't track down anyone to rebuild it, lots of try here's and I think they used to, but never actually found anyone prepared to tackle it.

From what I remember the Olle was alright, nothing special, but it was fairly cheap when compared to other options.

It took a few attempts to get it set up right, at first it seemed a bit too lively for me, but it wasn't a faff dialing it in.

I think at the time Olle were fitted to Jotagas.

• Like 1

There is a man who can sort the Rev3 (and others including Ohlins) shock!

No schrader valves or bodge jobs but a proper strip,

Had my Rev 3 done,don't know if he still does them worth a call.

His name - Andy Dawson. His number - 07973 628270

thanks for info, had reply from Splatshop uk today, my original question to them being 'is the Ohlins shock you list suitable,

Great reply from them so it looks like rebuild is the way foward 

Hi Steve,

Looks like I was wrong with my assumption, please read below:

The Rev3 & 4 don't have a link, so the spring rate and damping is much different to an Evo (also the length/stroke).

I have made shocks to fit that bike before. Steve Saunders tried and seemed to think it worked ok. 

In my opinion, you're better off with the original Paioli shock. The problem with the rear end on that bike is the lack of a linkage, so there's no rising rate. The Paioli shock has a progressive damping feature that none of the aftermarket shocks have. Also it's a 40mm piston so bigger than the other options so it copes better with the massive spring rate.

So we can get one made for you, but it sounds like the original shock is the better option.  We can get your original shock serviced if you would like?