Twin Shock Advice

swampystu

Morning everyone.

I've always had gas gas or betas and marriage, kid and work meant I sold stuff. I am now ready to get back into trials, was wanting a older twin shocker for a change. Budget not the best.

Two questions what are the entry rules I.e just a twin shock.... And is something like a Suzuki ts185 suitable or is it to bulky?

Thank you :)

A trail bike such as a TS185 would be a nightmare to ride trials on!!

If you wanted light & nimble then a yam TY175 would be handy with one or two tweaks.

Are you specifically looking for an older twinshock, like early/mid '70s?

Not sure what area you're in but in N East there's always the easy route at every trial set out with twinshock/pre 65 in mind rather than specific twinshock trials.

Depends if you want to enter twinshock events specifically, if you just want an older bike to enjoy then, if the classes are the same in your area go for best bike you can afford to buy (and maintain!) It's down to personal taste which one you pick or go for yamaha ty mono, still competitive

Found a nice fantic 301 for sale.

The reason I wanted to do twinshck trials was there is a event near me I drive past and it looks a nice quite venue where as the normal trials near me which I used to go to was full of youths. Lol

As the fantic is mono shock I don't know

Anyone know who runs the one at pot shrigly near Macclesfield

Hi ,

The trial at Pott Shrigley is run by the VMCC ( vintage motorcycle club) , I did my 1st trial in over 30 years with them last month, nice laid back bunch and nothing too challenging.

I don't get on here very often , but if you want to email me at paul@netstable.com, I have got a calendar of their 2016 events on an email somewhere that I could forward to you.