Pre65 Legal?

gbmoto

Seems the forks,yokes etc. parted company with the rest of the bike.

Didn,t get to speak to him, just saw him and an assistant lifting each half over a wall onto a road.

Section previous had a pretty nasty descent, I presume this is where the modification took place.

Did cross my mind that perhaps he could have grafted the bars back on and ridden the rest of the trial Colley style on the back wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

I have taken the plunge and bought a genuine 1960 Bsa C15t with a bit of history, actually owned by Vic Eastwood ( genuinely, name and address in the buff log book etc ) It is very original (painfully so, steel tank, exhaust outside the frame, 20in fron wheel, original footrests etc) Mechanically very together, just needs a tidy cosmetically and a few sympathertic mods for current use, ( probably just a cub subframe, longer rear shocks, exhaust routed tighter, and a 21in front rim ) The engine seems to have been all black at some time and has the name Ron etched in to the front cases, does this mean any thing to any one?? This will probably end up a lot less competitive than the kind of bike I was intending to build but at least it won't fall foul of any eligability issues!!

post-1273-1133087858.jpg

eligibility for the p65 scottish is avaialble on ssdt.org under downloads , p65 entry

and for a couple of p65 clubs at www.yorksclassictrials.co.uk and redroseclassictrials.co.uk

although in truth red rose are fairly loose in their interpretation and as long as you dont clear up there fairly cool

Yorks classic are fairly easy as long as your within the spirit of the thing and happy to work with them on details of what is and isnt allowed

as a fair to fairly poor rider no one has ever given my bikes a second glance because they always 'look' okay

with regard to trick bikes all our bikes are trick to the best of our abilities whether they lay with a lathe, cheque book or a wide circle of friends or even lest we forget riding skill..