Help W/rebound Clicker On 40Mm Marzocchi Fork

mbeers6

Having a small issue with the rebound clicker on my 2010 GG txt 250. Has the back anodized fork tubes but no preload adjustment on the fork cap.

Before I took off the fork caps I noticed the rebound adjustment clicker stopped "clicking" before it bottomed out. Meaning as I turned it clockwise, I felt some clicks then it just kept screwing in without clicks until it bottomed. If I kept turning it out (counter clockwise) I get about 33 clicks before it stops. It's been like this since the last fork oil change, but I want to fix it now. The compression side is fine, clicks all the way to the bottom and top.

I backed out the rebound clicker all the way before taking off the fork cap. Here is what the rod looked like when I took it apart.

To fix this problem should I back out the gold rod (#17 in post 1) or screw it in more? Maybe the silver cap nut is the cuplrit? Should the cap nut be totally tight or lose? It is lose right now.

Here is what the rebound looks like. Then below that is what the compression looks like (it fully clicks so no problem with it).
rebound_zpstjemnfto.jpg

Compression (which fully clicks, no problems)
Compression_zpsckswfluv.jpg

I think, turning it in and out adjusts the forks, just like what the clickers normally do, only it does not solve your problem. You just change the setting. You could turn it out and look for damage. I think the part above the thread causes the clicking normally.

What makes it stop normally, the end of the thread?

Edited by crazybond700

Thanks for the reply Crazy. Yes I believe the end of the thread makes it stop. 

I put it back together for a ride yesterday and it felt okay. I've never taken about the rebound fork all the way, but there is a slight clunk so I'll probably tear down the forks after I had new bushings in hand. 

If I find the culprit I'll post a reply here.