Returning To Trials After 28 Years

animal1806

I started riding on a Yamaha TY80 when I was about 4 and rode until I was 14 and had to stop due to my parents taking on a bigger house and not being able to keep taking me to trials and funding my bikes. So I have spent the last 28 years with either no bikes at all :blush:  or road bikes. I am now in my early forties, became a dad to a little boy last year and am looking to getting back into the great sport of trials as I would like my son to ride as soon as I can get him on a bike. I have been to a few trials to watch as I still have friends and family that ride and apart from there being more coloured flags than I remember I cant wait to get back into competing. I am currently a little stuck :wall:  with what bike to get started again on and would like some views from you lovely people on here. The finances that I currently have I am looking at either a Beta REV3 250, Sherco 290 or a Montesa 315r.  Would love to hear what people think of these bikes and the pros & cons for them all.  :beer:

Edited by animal1806

I am too new to all of this, I have recently bought a Beta Rev 3 250 as I got it for a good price! I understand that the Montesa 315r is a bulletproof bike and if I had the funds available I would of snapped one up. Don't know much about the Sherco 290? I am really enjoying the Beta although there are a few issues. 1)kick-start is located on the left hand side. 2)some carb issues but mine has been set up correctly. All in all its a solid bike.

Welcome back! Personally I recommend the Mont 315.

I had 14 years out and then came back and bought a decent used one. Had it a couple of years, faultless bike then moved onto 4RT's. Kept first  4RT for 3 years then bought another good used 4RTwhich is still brill after 7 years.

• Like 1