Clutch!

kenny123

hi. just attempted to fit new clutch plates and when i took the casing of and took of the 10 bolts 2 of them rounded but i managed to eventualy get them out. so need to order new screws.

But the clutch plates i have taken out because the bike was draging realy bad look in as good condition as the new ones. if the new ones dont solve the dragging what else could it be.

any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

New clutches generally help slipping clutches...seldom dragging ones.

Check the slots in the clutch basket that the fingers on the outer edges of the plates go into.

If they are grooved, you should smooth them.

Lighter oil often helps dragging.

These are generalities.

You will get more help if you state the make/model/year of your bike.

the clutch was dragging badly on my 05 200 gasgas .changed gearbox oil to dexron atf(automatic transmission fluid)as recommended by many on this site.the atf works great no drag at all .check previous discussions on this topic to get exact discription of atf required

how many cc of fluid I have an 03 200 when we first got we used 525cc because manual said to. clutch crept bad. done seveal things to clutch with no luck someone said use 350cc oil make sure bike laid over so all old oil out. no problems since