434 Ty250 Eating Condensers?

phunksean

So got my bike running, it was the condenser after all that.  Ran it twice went for an hour the first time, then second time ran it over to my friends place (approximately 15 min total run time).  Then went to go for a ride today and I made it about 400 yards before it started to sound weird, then another 100yards before it started to bog down with throttle applied, then stopped and won't fire again.  Started first kick today as well. 

My thought is that its the condenser again as it sounded like it started to half fire again, so if not then what? if so then what would cause me to be going through condensers so quickly?

cheers for any and all help.

Edited by phunksean

If your "new" condenser is from 40 years old stock then it may have failed due to age. I use "recently-made" condensers and fit them externally.

Another possibility is that you have not fixed the root cause by fitting a new condenser. There are lots of possible causes for an intermittent ignition problem

Depending on your attitude to life, there are lots of options for how to get your bike reliable. Some people love to fault-find logically, some people like to have a completely original bike, some people want to spend the least amount of money possible, some people like to take a random approach changing things here and there and some like to minimise their stress levels. Modern electronic ignitions are very popular for good reason

• Like 1