Northern Experts

physco

The sections for the clubmen do not need changing they are perfect, I cannot comment on the harder sections but every clubman I spoke to said the organisers got it spot on. To include a few straightforward (I assume this means easier) sections in the trial gives some of the riders a chance of a clean if they have been struggling on some of the harder ones. The sections from my recollection have been similar for more than three years but they are classic sections that can not and should not be dropped.

You can not please all of the people all of the time but you can please most of the peoople most of the time, and the organisers did exactly that. In fact I wish it was last Saturday at 9.30 again!!

Eiger.

i see the best way forward for the trial is to get rid of the "top riders".twenty six enterd and and eighteen started.forget them,put a cracking trial on using all the great natural hazards which are available in that neck of the woods.if the "top riders" want to ride let them enter.if they think it is to easy,no problem,just tell them not to bother entering,they do not seem that botherd any way!!!.the trial is the "NORTHERN EXPERTS",where were they??.the seventy eight clubmen enterd had a superb day out,roll on next year!!.

I actually think you may have hit on something there john, perhaps there should be a Clubman northern/southern/eastern etc. experts? There is a definate need for it, 78 entered, and even though I was well down from the top had a great day out and had a challenge which was near enough right to entice me back. there is without doubt an increasing number of older riders who can ride a bit and this type of trial is not common enough. This is hopefully where the over 40 class in the Novogar will come in.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I thought it was a very good clubman trial. As physco says why bother with the experts when they don't come. Why not just run it as a single route clubman trial and let some other club run the "northern experts". Yeadon Guisley, Bradford or Richmond for example who are a little more central to the "northern" area may get a better entry. Perhaps this trial would be suitable as a round of the Novogar series in the future.

Seem to remember the "British Experts" disappeared a few years ago!

Mark T