Who Made This Tank

gbmoto

Hi John

Yes it is alloy, the crafsmanship really is superb, it looks like the cap was machined from solid and the threads on it and the tank are amazing, even the seat bit is alloy, I'm pretty certain it was made for a TL as it has cut outs and indentations exactly where needed and the TL is pretty unusual under the tank!!

But I do agree, looks to be a bit of Cagiva DNA there.

:D Hy GB

My TL250 still needs some fine tuning. I just got today a new timing advancer (althoug for a XL 350, but it fits) from davidsilverspares.co.uk, great dealer! got this adress from this forum. I am bidding now for a new pointer in ebay.

I got help from a friend, who adjusted my valves. I learned, that you should put under all 4 tappets the 0.05 / 0.08 metal strips at the same time, to make sure for correct settings. Dont check one by one. I also had a loose cam chain, as I tensioned it on the wrong T cycle. Toghether with a rusted advancer, with pitting on the cam and worn springs, might have caused misfirings when closing the throttle, as everything was loose.

I have not tried yet, as I am also fitting a TL 125 exhaust from ebay.

Hope to be ready for a Twinshock AFATA Trial on 15 January in France.

Keep you posted.

Pic is from clubtrial in October: Power is incredible!

Patrick

post-986-1132089382.jpg

The TL is looking good, I get most of my service bits from David Silver, all my TL's ignition system is XL K3 but I have read that the XL Motosport advance/retard works best, from a period article, so I may try that.

Will be interested to hear how the pipe works, I was thinking of adapting a WES to replace the very heavy original.