Clean, Smart

lewis_gasgas

w.d.40 a jetwash

give it a good scrub and then pollish all the metal with brasso and all the plasics with back to black. (even if there not black) Get it from halfords or other car shops

It got my plastics nice and shiny

Edited by beta_basher

T-cut it....Thats what i do before comps.

Also braso up the faded meteal gives the metal a good shine.....

Go down to you local car dealer get a can of tyre paint...gives you tyres

a new look.....take off your chain and put it through a tub of petrol

to give it a good clean and get rid of the black oil look.....

ummmm.....use a paint brush and get in to the small tight bits.....

and thats all i can think of...its whati do to my bike to get it shinny

andnew for competitions!

i think tyre black can make bikes look tarted espically if your tyres are bald.....

i hate it when you go to look at a bike or see a bike on ebay with tyre black on because you think the tyres are new and there atually knackard.

Its also annoying when people wash there bike and then take the pics while its wet because everything looks shiny and you cant tell the real condition of the bike.

Just give in a very good clean cleaning every where you can see dirty..

give you silencer and any other alloy parts a dam good polish(like a mirror) with autosol (best metal polish)

clean you chain in a bowl of petrol and then go round the sprocket cleaning each tooth with a damp rag covered in petrol.

Polish all your plastics up. take off worn and tatty stickers and maybe put a few new ones on.

Just ones like dunlop or whatever on the swinging arm.

James

try and make it look like how you would like to see it if you were buying it! ;)

take the wheels off, airbox, mudguards coz it's worth spending a few hours giving the thing a good clean so you get top price for it. clean your engine with a paint brush and some degreaser or brake cleaner. get all the rust off with some wire wool and autosol. take any tatty stickers off etc.

you will probably be surprized after putting some effort in how clean you can get it :D