Rtl

superhondaman

Maybe one for Big John? what gearing is most commonly used on the RTL's my TLR has a RTL bottom end so i presume it has RTL ratio's? if so i have been trying to get the gearing right as per what the other TLR riders are useing. At the moment i have 9-41 and still have a respectable top gear for the road. Whatis seen to be the best?

Edited by superhondaman

Howdey kev, My tlr gearing is 9/39. Spot on in the sections, S--TE on the road. What did you make of that rhayader trial last saturday? Most folk i spoke to during and after the event reckoned there was no need for all they stupid mud sections with all that rock about! And most reckoned not to bother next year.. Cheers simon..

Howdey kev, My tlr gearing is 9/39. Spot on in the sections, S--TE on the road. What did you make of that rhayader trial last saturday? Most folk i spoke to during and after the event reckoned  there was no need for all they stupid mud sections with all that rock about! And most reckoned not to bother next year.. Cheers simon..

Hi Sidy

Trouble is i think with my Tlr having a Rtl bottom end i am sure the g/box ratios are different I tried 9-39 & it was too high geared.With a 9-41 i still have a good top speed.Really just want to know what Rtl's run?

Enjoyed the trial, yes too much mud but i think it was about 50/50 one thing though at least there was nothing dangerous it was all rideable, i normally end up crashing when the sections get a bit adventurous!.

I had to rush through the last 2 groups since bob had retired and thought i had better get a move on so i was one of the first through and some of those rocks were slippery! i was first through the 4th at Ashfield, for a 5, and i just cannot belive that Thorpy cleaned it, would loved to have seen that, how did you manage a 3? must have got easier!!. Would go again next year.

Kev

Good trial, crap ride as far as i see it, but will be back next year. yes i would have liked to see thorpy clean ashfield too,serious rider that bloke!! Were did you see the result sheet? havent had one yet, mind you we only just got electric in hereford!! Si.

Maybe one for Big John? what gearing is most commonly used on the RTL's my TLR has a RTL bottom end so i presume it has RTL ratio's? if so i have been trying to get the gearing right as per what the other TLR riders are useing. At the moment i have 9-41 and still have a respectable top gear for the road. Whatis seen to be the best?

Hey! I'm big John too you know;) Is the other one Dicko by any chance? Out of interest I made a javascript gearing calculator.

http://john.rushworth.com/pics/tt600re_gearing/

Either input your ratios or view the source of the page and save as whatever.htm to disk and edit it in notepad with your own ratios. Enjoy.

Oh! And whilst I'm at it I just put up a Javascript calculator which works out Piston Travel in mm vs Crank Rotation in degrees....for you techie types;)

http://john.rushworth.com/pics/piston/

PS if anyone has the ratios for gearbox, clutch for my TLR250R-G then that would be great too to put into the calculator above. On 14/43 I have a top speed of 70 mph in sixth but I'm looking to lower the gearing. Just got a lovely alloy 46T rear from Talon (with pretty lightening holes and only 15 quid ex vat) and looking for a gearbox sprocket of about 12. Fitting is by two bolts not circlip. and maybe like my mate I'm going to have to get a centre out of an R-G model and use the outer from an R-F. Does the F take a 520 chain?

Edited by Panomphaean

Maybe one for Big John?

Hey! I'm big John too you know;) Is the other one Dicko by any chance? Out of interest I made a javascript gearing calculator.

Nope I'm Big John the one and only from North Scotland. JD doesn't post on here, to my knowledge, I think he may be an inch or two taller than me now that you mention it!

Cheers...

Big John

Age makes you shrink eh... Oh! Alright then I'll be plain ol JR (from central Scotland) unless ex Beamish works riders are going to come out of the woodwork.

PS A Gentleman can have too many motorcycles cos he can't ride all of them at once - unless he loans them to his mates too. In which case he really is a gentleman...