Leaky Brembo

spud plark

Alright here is a shot in the dark. You are now missing the disk guard, which was held on by the two caliper mounting bolts. What could be happening is the top bolt is tight ,but now the length of the shoulder is too long. So when pressure is applied to the m/c the leak appears. Solution is the correct length bolt or just add a few washers to see if it works.

Thanks guys. The metal to metal contact is very flush but I will try a liquid gasket even though there wasn't one there. It's probably the only solution.

I've got the plastic guard but the leak started with it on. I'm just keeping it off while I sort the problem out. The bolts have thread all the way up and there are no stops so the guard has no effect on the final tightening.

Get a piece of glass and some fine sandpaper and lap the two halves to insure they are not warped.

Lay the sandpaper on the glass, then smoothly sand the caliper half over it checking your contact points util the entire face is touching and smooth.

If I was working that problem I would suggest a couple of things

First, does the fluid continue to leak? When you rebuild one, there is always a little residual in there, and I know several time's I have looked down there and thought it was leaking when I was actually looking at residual fluid. I will assume that it is sitting there dripping or such and that you have cleaned it with brake cleaner or such and it continues to leak and the fluid level is dropping.

Second, they make o-rings in both different diameters, and cross sectional diameters. I would suggest getting with a good O-ring supplier in your area and finding one with a slightly larger cross section diameter.

Third, I would insure that I had changed the copper / aluminum washers on the banjo fittings. Sometimes it is tough to trace down those leaks and they are actually coming from somewhere other then where you expect. These can be the worst to troubleshoot because they give all the indications of being one problem, and you replace it, and the problem still exists.

Get it real, real, real clean and dry, then a light coat of baby powder can sometimes help track a difficult to find leak.

(Obviously some of this may not apply to your situation, but I am sitting a continent away)