Air box drain?

darrenatcowes

I would expect a short clear tube that is plugged or stoppered in some way.  This is used to let you know if your getting oil or water in the air box as well as to drain it out if you do.  However, if it doesn't have the tube your pulling in dirty air from it and I would cap it off with something and check it every time you clean your air filter if you can't find a clear tube that would work.  

Edited by jonnyc21

11 hours ago, jonnyc21 said:

I would expect a short clear tube that is plugged or stoppered in some way.  This is used to let you know if your getting oil or water in the air box as well as to drain it out if you do.  However, if it doesn't have the tube your pulling in dirty air from it and I would cap it off with something and check it every time you clean your air filter if you can't find a clear tube that would work.  

Thats what I thought , surely a filter with a large ish hole in it can't be much of a filter ! Its not mentioned in the hand book??  I'd have thought there should be some kind of device on the end. ??  Some one must know.  I'll keep digging.     Thanks jonnyc21.