06 280 Pro Suspension Setup

moulder

I have been riding for around 10 years but have never really worried about suspension set up. I can hop and skip my bike around and I am now riding my second gas gas pro 280. Seeing as it comes with this new Raga shock I wanted to experiment but the instructions supplied dont say which way way softens and hardens the shock.

I weigh 10.5 stone (66kg) and I am guessing this is quite light for the bikes stock settings. I am going to adjust the pre load on the rear shock, but how much compression should I allow for with my weight?

Any information appreciated?

:hl:

When you screw the adjusters (clockwise) generally on all Ohlins dampers this then stiffens the damping. Anti-clockwise the opposite. With your weight be careful not to reduce the rebound too much as this will effect the grip level when riding very slippery conditions. Good luck :hl:

Am I right in thinking there is only one adjustment on the Ohlins rear shock. This is on the bottom. Or is there two, one for compression and the other rebound? I think there is only one but I have not removed the air box to view the top of the shock yet. If there is one then I assume the rebopund and compression is controlled under the one setting?

Any boffins input most welcome as I know there are lots of opinions out there.