Need wiring schematic for 2003 Sherco

ianj

Hi all,

Looking for a wiring schematic for the 2003 Sherco.......a mates 290 has lost it's spark.....and from what I can gather it's a bit of a rip-off paying some dude mega bucks to fix when it's gotta be something easy.

Apparently, a common fault is the sensor behind the flywheel......any ideas!......I'm not averse to re-winding the damn coil if that's all it is!

A schematic would help me troubleshoot.

RYP & Sherco website have just about everything EXCEPT the actual wiring schematic.

Ian.

Ian, I have had two lost spark, both times it was the plug lead wire, it screws into the coil and the plug cap, unscrew it from the coil and check for continuity or unscrew both and just check the lead then make sure you get it centered on both when you put it back togeather.

Hi,

This bike is in Stonehaven, my pal Calum's bike.

Bike was bought from Lewisport just a few weeks ago. They have referred us to some dude who can carry out repairs, but I'd rather have a look myself first.

His previous Sherco (2000) has a similar problem and luckily I found a broken wire on the stator plate......no such obvious things on this one though.

Anyone who can wind his own guitar pick-ups can surely wind a stator plate coil or two.... :rolleyes:

Ian.

• 3 weeks later...

• 10 months later...