Cota 247 swingarm guard

oldaz

I'm in the process of stripping down the Ulf Karlsson I recently bought, to identify what parts I need to restore it. When I pulled the swingarm there was a rubber guard sandwiched between the front of the swingarm and the rear frame cross piece. It was roughly "H" shape in section and was there to stop the chain damaging this area. It had obviously been reversed at some time as there is significant wear on both surfaces. I'll try to attach a rough sketch of the cross sectional shape in the hope that someone may recognise whether it's actually a Montesa part and where I might get one from.

Swingarm guard.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

(Thanks fourex, I'll check them out. I also found one on a Spanish site last night for about 8 euros, but shipping to Oz was over 80 euros, making it into a very expensive part.)

I ended up making one, took about 20 minutes, used a block of hard rubber and filed to shape with a wood rasp, finished off with a ******* file - jobs done :-) 

• Like 1