Clutch stack bolt replacement

d2w

Hello,

I have a 2008 TXT 300 Pro. The clutch stack is held in place by 10 specialized Gas Gas bolts. The bolts appear to require a 7mm 12-point socket. I'm hoping to borrow a suitable socket from a mechanic friend; I think I may even have such a socket myself from other clutch projects but damn if I can find it. :( Anyways, does anyone know if there's sufficient clearance to the clutch housing to allow for the bolts to be replaced with hex-head cap screws?

Dale

Interesting. I ending up going to the local automotive store and they had a full selection of metric and SAE sockets for sale, including a 7mm 12 point (for only $4). The clutch pack then came apart very easily. The force required to remove the bolts was not high, so I can't image someone rounding a hex head cap bolt if they were present.

Now I'm dealing with whether to replace the fibre (and steel) plates; they measure approx. 9.69mm which is less than that recommended 9.75/9.85mm. I'm just a recreational ride and have experienced no slip (at least that I'm aware of).

But there does seem to be significant wear of a small number of the "fingers" which actuate the clutch. I find it odd that the fingers which are worn are low (recessed) relative to the other fingers. perhaps it's due to vibration as I don't believe the bushing which engages the tips of the "fingers" moves (and it's the thrust bearing which moves on the tip bushing. So why would there be wear on the fingers?

I don't know if it's necessary to replace the "fingers". Thoughts?

Dale