Tiger Cub preference for trials gearing.

chappo

Jeezzzzzz it’s a steep learning curve with these things.

Ok folks, current issue is what, is the gearing of choice for trials.

This Cub is said to have a Serco gearbox in it according to paperwork history that came with the bike. That could be BS, but there is a receipt from Serco for other work done. How would you identify a gear selection of theirs.?

The duplex Drive is a 16 tooth, the high gear a 27, it had believe it or not a 9 tooth front sprocket that had been welded on and a 46 rear. Now from the research I’ve done it appears that 13 or 14 is what’s used on the front. But would a Serco gearbox have completely different number of gear teeth to an original, or would their boxes be the same ratios but just better quality items.

I know what’s coming I’m going to have to count them aren’t I, before anyone will commit.

Also before I forget, how do you extract the worm gear for the oil pump. It appears to be sat in a bronze bush. Is it heat and tap it all out from the bottom up?

Thanks chaps.

10 minutes ago, suzuki250 said:

the sprocket has been welded on? 

that doesn't sound good:unsure:

No your right, I had to grind it off and I’m now searching for a 27 tooth high gear and shaft as it was all one big mass.

Why don’t people do things properly?

The 27 tooth gears seem hard to come by, lots of 25 and 28.

16 hours ago, kickstart0748 said:

Hi you can't be far away from me send me your e-mail address and I will go through gearing issues with you.

cheers Hughie

Thanks Hughie, sent you a message.