Help!

trial_master

In the process of doing the fork seals. I have them fully stripped, but there is one of the spacer/washers (about 1-2CM thick with a split in it)traped in the bottom part of the fork leg. Its about 5omm from the top, so i can reach it but cannot seem to get it out. All i can do is wobble it a little bit using a screwdriver and hammer. I have been trying for hours to get it out, but it is solid!

Any ideas???

I realy would like to have the whold bike finished this weekend

Thanks

Ryan

Atlast, done that :blink:

But now i can't get the seal in place. It is about 3mm below the surface of the bottom part of the fork, and it just wont go in any further! I am using a weighted steel hitting tube. I Have hit it down as hard as i possibly can and it just wont budge. Any one got any ideas, im presuming by now the seal in knackerd anyway, but i want to complete is and just use it as a dummy run for when i get another seal.

Would it work if i fitted the new seal before rebuilt the fork? is this even possible? :D

Thanks

Ryan

Ps. i am using the information off RYP, buy im still managing to get stuck.

Anyone want to help me complete it?

Both seals are in now, and the bike is rebuilt.

But, the first 2" of travel seems 'tight'. For example, if i walk along side the bike and sharply pull the front brake, instead of the front suspension going down a little, it just stays solid. But the second time i try it it will probably be as normal, the next time could be hard again etc. etc...

Once you get past the first 1"-2" the travel feels normal

Do new seals take time to bed in? Is 330ml the correct amount of 5wt oil? Is there any special way to use the blue air bleeder caps (suspension compressed?)?

Any other ideas of what else has gone wrong?

thanks for looking

Ryan

New seals can be sticky. They may need to be broken in.

When putting together a front end, start with only the top yoke pinch bolts tight.

Bounce the front end and tighten the bottom yoke.

Bounce.

Tighten axle.

Check to make sure the fork brace/fender mount can wiggle and no bolts are binding. If it's not loose, hog out the offending holes before you tighten it down.

If it's still sticky, the seals should break in.

Unless you screwed something up while it was apart.

Hard to believe you didn't damage those seals.

MAKE SURE YOU TIGHTEN THE WHEEL SPINDLE NUT BEFORE YOU TIGHTEN THE CLAMP SCREWS.I ONCE TIGHTENED THE CLAMP SCREWS FIRST ON MY GASSER AND IT PULLED THE FORKS OUT OF LINE.

TO CHECK,LOOSEN THE CLAMP SCREWS,THEN BOUNC THE FORKS A FEW TIMES AND THEY SHOULD GO TO THEIR NATURAL POSITION.