Got Any Trailer Pics?

gasgasssser

You could always make it like you say, A frame drawbar to axle, some sort of "cushioned" box on axle for the sump/bash plate. Have say 40x40x4 box welded to axle parallel with ground to allow 30mm box section arms to slide into, this extending to rearmost part of bike, (holding lighting board & triangles) this would be removeable for loading and storage. Storing on end (wheels) would only need a chock under a wheel, or a spring loded bar to keep it upright.

As I sell via a company everything has to be legal. Or covered by some sort of disclaimer as to suitability for use, I think that is the words the pen pushers use.

We did design a folding trailer but our insurance company had a fit, or

very near, and said NO NO! For our product liability we had to certificate our 3 basic designs of chassis for motorcycle trailers, that is all they will cover.

Modifications to anything above the main chassis is OK. ie: extra fittings, mesh floor etc.

It is the sad fact that we are getting a CLAIM society now that makes it a little hard to "make a friend" a one off these days.

The "friend" may soon become a claimant, sometimes thro no fault of his/her own.

any way must go, got to submit some drawings to the ins co!

:D:beer::D:D:D

I made a trailer like thi a couple of years ago after seeing one that is marketed in France. Gas Gas factory also have one built from round tubing like this. Mine takes 3 modern bikes and is made from box section with the top folded in one piece of chequer plate to form a box with a lid to the rear. The rear lights are built in with small nylon rear bumpers so you don't damage them when you stand it on end. I'm not sure whether the lights are far enough back by law but they always work and I've never been pulled up with it. Can't thing how many of those cheapo lighting boards I've bought in the past. Only real problem I ccan see is someone running into the back of the bikes,but would a conventional trailer save them much. I'll try to post a photo You are very wellcome to measure it up and copy it if you like.I could have sold it many times as many people have the same problem. I also offered it to Cliponoffs brother for them to copy but I've heard no more. PS I live in Bucks.