An ex trials rider looking to get back in!

tomnprice3

Hi, my names Tom, I’m from the midlands in the UK. 

I used to ride at Earl Shilton ESTC in Leicester. I started riding on a JCM (which is a French brand I believe, then stepped up to a Fantic and finally a Montesa Cota 315R (99).

My reason for coming back to the game is a funny one...I keep having dreams that I ride again. I’m taking that as my mind telling me to get on with it! I also watched Ross Noble do the 6 day Scottish Trial and thought I’ll give it another go. 

Thank for having me! 

Tom

Edited by tomnprice3
Typo

Welcome back Tom, nice bike, you’ll have the same fun as before, I did the same 15 years ago after about 15 years off. Don’t get to ride as much as I’d like, as other things get in the way, but it’s great when you get out there.

Just a quick slightly depressing cautionary point though, it’s good to see you have a large chain on the garage floor, make sure you use it. I had a bike stolen a few years ago by busting the garage door lock & walking off with it as it wasn’t locked at the time (unusually). I had been using a trailer to carry the bike & I’m convinced the  thieves saw me loading/unloading on the drive. I bought another bike & now have a cheap van to hide it in and would recommend you do the same if possible & dont ‘advertise’ your ownership anywhere, including washing it on the drive, stickers on the van etc. Unfortunately some people don’t know the difference between what’s yours & whats theirs . Luckily I got mine back a year later as some dope put it on eBay, but police never pursued anything so culprit never got his just dessert.

Thats enough negative, get out there & enjoy !

• Thanks 1

On 12/1/2018 at 12:47 PM, agent99 said:

welcome back tom, u cant have much more fun on two wheels. the new montesa cota Hondas are a good choice nowadays. hope u find something soon and get started.

best regards,

Maxwell smart and agent 99

DSC05684_(2).JPG

Hmm now which one shall I wear..ooops ride today?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, feetupsbetter said:

Welcome back Tom, nice bike, you’ll have the same fun as before, I did the same 15 years ago after about 15 years off. Don’t get to ride as much as I’d like, as other things get in the way, but it’s great when you get out there.

Just a quick slightly depressing cautionary point though, it’s good to see you have a large chain on the garage floor, make sure you use it. I had a bike stolen a few years ago by busting the garage door lock & walking off with it as it wasn’t locked at the time (unusually). I had been using a trailer to carry the bike & I’m convinced the  thieves saw me loading/unloading on the drive. I bought another bike & now have a cheap van to hide it in and would recommend you do the same if possible & dont ‘advertise’ your ownership anywhere, including washing it on the drive, stickers on the van etc. Unfortunately some people don’t know the difference between what’s yours & whats theirs . Luckily I got mine back a year later as some dope put it on eBay, but police never pursued anything so culprit never got his just dessert.

Thats enough negative, get out there & enjoy !

Thanks for the advice. I’m a little paranoid about security generally, so there is no risk of that chain being left off. I was looking at getting a collapsible trailer but after your sound advice I had a look for a cheap van and have just got back with this. That should do the trick. The new gear arrives on Thursday, hopefully be back out of two wheels on Saturday! Thanks for your well wishes, advice and encouragement! 

53D345FB-1E72-4013-9C25-BC0658908968.jpeg