Sy250f

spud plark

I am seriously thinking of buying an SY250F when the come out in late February. I have heard they were having some minor carb problems but that they should be in the shops by the end of February.

Does anyone have any other information on possible problems to expect with this new bike? Any tests done, any info available apart from the presentation pictures and factory brochures?

I am seriously thinking of buying an SY250F when the come out in late February. I have heard they were having some minor carb problems but that they should be in the shops by the end of February.

Spud, how reliable is your source? I've been told by an established dealer in the South West that they don't expect to be able to get them (in the UK) before May. The cost of

Can't wait till May. My sources were Birkett and a email from Scorpa themselves:

Hi,

The SY250F will be available in shop at the end of February.

Best regards

SCORPA

Le lundi 9 janvier 2006 15:40, Contact <contact@scorpa.fr> a

Edited by Spud Plark

Spud,

The latest TMX has a short piece on the SY250F. The 4T engines will be in the Scorpa factory at the end of February and rolling off the production line into the UK around May. Sounds like there will be several entered in the SSDT which, coincidentally, is in May!

Question is, do you still want to buy an '06 model in May when the factory will most likely announce the '07 model (no doubt with different stickers, rim colours and frame paint) approx. 10 weeks later? :closedeyes:

I also saw the piece in TMX news. That and your original post (BTW thank you :closedeyes: )on the matter got me pondering so I bought myself a Sherco 290 05 2-smoke last Wednesday. Had to do some basic maintenance but seems to be in good nick. Carb needed a strip down and a clean up.

I'm going to play it cool until the end of this year and wait and see. There may be a mad rush for the handful of bikes imported into the UK as well as teething problems.

Ya never know I may become a Sherco fan.

Edited by Spud Plark