Tubed Or Not

dale

Cheers Woody,

Price and availability WERE at the root of my question,I also run a 05 sherco,and thought instead of turning the tyre,i would put it on my TY hence my query,on TY there are 2 security bolts at 10 to&10 past, valve at 6.

My son works for ATS& could get a discount on tyre,but only tubeless were available at the time.

Cheers Dale :closedeyes:

If you've already got the tyre then I'd just give it a go. I doubt it will drop off the rim completely and if only a small section of it drops in you can still ride with it, it won't finish your practice session/trial. Just start at about 5psi and gradually drop it. Only way to know really is to try it as I guess you can't guarantee all rims/tyres will behave the same.

Re; TrialsRfun - Security Bolts - Positioning of the security bolts didn't make any difference to the IRC dropping partly into the well of the Yam rim as it was a different part of the tyre each time, sometimes right next to the security bolt. The tyre never had time to creep as it dropped in very soon after starting to ride. Blow it up and pop it back out, let it down again to about 4psi and it would drop in again. Gave up and fitted the Michelin tubed type. No problem on the Ossa which has the same rim as your Bult.

• 8 years later...

The Problem with a modern tubeless tire on a ty 175 is the rim is 1.85 wide and the rear rim for a twin shock ty 250 is 2.15 the tire will bead up and run at a very low pressure and not slip off the bead but on the 175 narrow rim the bead area is to narrow to keep the tire on the bead at any less then 15 lbs too much for trials you can ride it with low pressure and slightly off the bead but it will tear the tube in time just lace up a 250 rim or any rim 2.15 40 spoke or use the whole twin shock ty 250 wheel. The early trials tires they came with had a muck more narrow side wall bead.