Anyone Had A Hip Replacement And Still Riding.

steveo

Had some pretty grim news. :(

Hoping for some positive feedback...

Not only do they want to cut me up,they also insist on selling the trials bike and replacing it with a pushie.....may as well just f#@$%*g die.

Is there anyone out there who is still riding or knows of anyone regularly still competing in trials after hip replacement.

A bloke in the East Yorks Centre had both hips done at one time or another, he still competes at Clubman National level and is always at the top of the results.

Although I know who he is I don't know him personally that's why I am not publishing his name. I hope you understand.

A bloke in the East Yorks Centre had both hips done at one time or another, he still competes at Clubman National level and is always at the top of the results.

Although I know who he is I don't know him personally that's why I am not publishing his name. I hope you understand.

Hulk Hogan had a hip replacement and got back in the ring.

No I don't like wrestling, but it was on MTV -Hogan Knows best (funny as)

Having a hip replacement should make you better! the only downside should be post op, observe for six months then ride in the clubmans/ beginners for the rest of the year (ex- wife Orthapedic surgeon)

(I had heart replacement surgery six years ago and i ride every weekend now, before the op i was lucky to be able to observe...)

Some years ago there was an old farmer in our village that was absolutely bollaxed until he had a double hip replacement. Saw him a few weeks afterwards walking down the road with a bale of hay on a pitchfork........

After his operation, me grandad ran the fastest 100 metres of his life in the over 80's class. (sorry - that one was a lie but he was a new man in comparison!)

Lad I used to know up North - Howard Bainbridge, as chubby as me (and a bit more), and only got one leg after a nasty road bike off. Still bloody active like that, so if he can do it with one leg, your hip replacement should put you at World Round level ;)

Used to be a bit comical trail riding with him sometimes - at speed he sometimes lost control of the leg and it started flapping in the breeze. Just after the accident, used to see him stop and think he'd put his leg out, but just fall over :unsure: Didn't hurt getting his leg trapped under the bike though :( A true character!

Edited by bikespace

Howard Bainbridge, now there is a name i aint heard for ages!! I sold him my old aprilia,top bloke used to come down to the workshop quite a bit years ago on all sorts of bikes.Not heard owt of him for years.

back to topic,the guy cota kid is on about is a bloody good clubman rider and usually can be found in the top 5 in clubman nationals, go for it.You will be probably better after it mentally too!! Good luck :(

I had a total left hip replacement 16 years ago and it's been a total successbut not everybody has been as lucky as me,I've also heard some horror stories. I'm glad Alexz has got to the stage where I don't have to run round 3 laps of a 15 section national though. If you need to have a chat you can ring me on 01296712510. I also know KM of Oxford has had both done and still performs very well,but still can't play the piano!!!!

Thanks for all your replies....

plenty of good reports certainly gives me a lift along.

Totalshell I will ave to get your surgeons name ...the one who gave you the heart replacement..cause if I have to sell the bike it will break the one I got.

Bikespace when I pick my game up a bit probably need a minder so dont go off to Canada till I get a chance to do a few rounds over your way.

Cheers