Throttle cable 4rt replacement tips

jmutiger

From memory

It's a mudguard off, loosen air box

Unscrew the clamps on the inlet and air box hose  -the throttle body will them come off if you unplug it.

Tank off or at least unbolted

Take plastic cover .

Unclip Throttle end

You can then twist the adjuster out of the Throttle body by spinning the throttle body - feed old cable out/ new cable back in

Reverse above 

make sure you have free play in the cable.

Also worth giving the throttle body a clean out  - I used WD40 or similar to swill the internal bore - take out tick over screw and flush drilling - makes a note of the number of turns and don't loose the spring.

• Like 1

Well I got it done and it was a pain in my butt! 

The throttle body was indeed dirty inside, and I think some of that was from the hose that comes from the head, and some normal combustion back flow mess.  It wasn't bad but I didn't expect it to be dirty at all.  Check your vent tube to make sure it's not letting unfiltered air in. 

Thanks for the tips, and if you do undertake this seemingly easy task give yourself at least 2hrs unless you've done it before. I did mine before riding which probably wasn't the smart thing to do. 

Jon