Should there be another class in Trial GP?

Trialsrider24

On 12/23/2019 at 5:04 PM, collyolly said:

It was posted on here earlier that the bikes must not be 'one offs' well I have never heard that before and I bet you can't buy any of the world class bikes.

Why not limit the G.P riders to only using production bikes, that would mean all the riders turn up at an event and use a bike from the nearest distributor, straight away you have slashed the costs of competing as the bikes would then be sold on as 'ex demo !'

as much as anything this would put Honda/Montesa at a disadvantage so any change like this would be resisted, and the prestige of honda in the game is something the fim wont jepordise.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:16 PM, hannon said:

It seems we are leaving an era when top riders helped sell bikes and into an era where social media influences, FB, IG, YouTube, etc are more desired to help sell, promote, or endorse, products.

I think bikes are still being sold both new and used to some degree, but the number of people in competition is stagnate, if not in a decline.  I see many people buying bikes to just free ride, ride trails, cross train for enduro etc. In the past most people who bought a bike joined a trials club and participated in or worked on/in events, currently more and more people are just buying bike to just ride, train, and have fun.  Only the people who are really into trials are the ones competing now; the die hards.

Evidence for this in europe?

On 12/15/2019 at 9:26 PM, Richk22 said:

Maybe another route will bring in more guys? If there was a middle class could that be a step closer for the top trial 2 riders and then the now trial 2 class could bring in more young riders?

which guys who are riding, but not riding wtc, are you talking about?