Gasgas Jt350 Pinking

montesa315

hi. i am new to this forum malarky so please bear with me. i am posting this for my brother as he has no access to the internet. we have just rebuilt his 1995 jt350 with a new piston and rings ect. now there is a quite bad pinking problem that definatly wasn't there before. we have rung up biketec and they said something about using 2 base gaskets :) has anyone out there ever heard of this as he is afraid to ride it incase it all melts. cheers.

try running it on shell optimax at 80/1 mix with a good synthetic 2 stroke oil.Check the carb settings/jets are correct,GasGas uk should be able to tell you what they should be,they're very helpful.Sometimes retarding the ignition timing stops it pinking but it loses top-end power/revs.Went thro all this on a 95 350 I had after someone played about with it,and an extra .5 mm base gasket sorted it,it. also made it easier to startHope this helps,if you're in any doubt post your phone no. and i'll speak to you.Good luck

thanks for that husky. i will try that extra base gasket this weekend as i cant see it being the timing as we haven't touched any settings on the bike at all. we are running in optimax at the moment with castrol tt oil which i've never had any problems with. i'll let you know how i get on.

im rebuilding a 1993 250 engine,

should i use two base gaskets to make sure this problem doesnt develop ?

or just wait and see??

How could you tell? the engine encredibly hot? or is it about staying hot after you've killed the engine??

Cheers

• 4 years later...
hi. i am new to this forum malarky so please bear with me. i am posting this for my brother as he has no access to the internet. we have just rebuilt his 1995 jt350 with a new piston and rings ect. now there is a quite bad pinking problem that definatly wasn't there before. we have rung up biketec and they said something about using 2 base gaskets :rolleyes: has anyone out there ever heard of this as he is afraid to ride it incase it all melts. cheers.

hi m8 im currently in the same process could you give me the price of the gasket kit you got and the contact num of biketec this would be a big help cheers gas gas 350