Differences 2014 - 2015

Simonelongus

I have found many discrepancies on various sites for these two models.
I thought they were practically the same and that only the colors changed.
Is anyone able to elucidate me?
On the Ossa website he says that there are different cases in one 350g of oil and 450g in the other.
The total weight of the bikes is 2 kg different
They have different gearbox bearings.
I thought they were the same ?

Do you know anything about it?

Thank you

We had some of the first 2015 models which had a new type RHS main bearing fitted that required the oil seal to be changed out from new as the elastomer was nitrile and not viton, as was specified. One rider here did want to ride his bike as supplied and as advised, the RHS oil crank shaft oil seal gave up and was subsequently replaced. Forks were the usual Marzocchi on these bikes. The 2015 bikes were probably the best out of all the model years, a lot of gearbox oil passageways were enlarged, the entire gear cluster was heat treated and these two things created a reliable gearbox over previous versions. Not sure but I think the clutch basket bearing was changed to a needle roller type. The crankcase was the same as the 2014 model, which held a tad more oil than the previous version. We always ran at least 400ml oil in all of our bikes from 2011, was never an issue having this amount. Actual weight was very much as quoted, 64.5kg, the bike feeling very light to ride although front end heavy compared to a GG. Bye, Peter B.

• Like 1