Front Mudguard Snaps....

fugazi

Bought a rev3 250 2005 about 2 months ago, great bike, love it.... apart from I have snapped 2 front mudguards in 3 weeks, and they arent cheap !

Basically just dropping off a 5 foot rock, mudguard is snapping just past the metal frame is sits on....

Any ideas how to stop this happening, I dont want to get another one and do it again !

Thanks.

Edited by Fugazi

Thanks for all the replies... and so quick, superb :P

I dont think its because the front forks bottomed out, more likely just the force of it hitting the tyre and rebounding.... not a great design.

A sherco one sounds a better plan, do they do them in red ... ;o)

Wheres the best place to get one from for

• 5 months later...

I dont think it has anything to do with the drop offs you are doing, if the mudgaurd can't put up with a simple drop off i believe there is something wrong,look at what the top guys get up to !! I believe it is some thing to do with the make up of the plastic on the 2005 and 2006 mudguards, i exlained to Lampkins that i had not done anything extreme with my bike and they supplied me with a new one FOC, a week later it happened again, called Lampkins told them it had gone again in the exact same place, they sent me another FOC..... a week later it happened again.. so they sent me a 2004 mudguard, it has been on months and not had any problems.

REPLACING THE FRONT GUARD WITH AN 05 Montesa 315 (WHITE) HAS CURED MY FRIENDS PROBLEM

THIS SEEMS TO BE TO ONLY GUARDS THAT DON'T GET BRITTLE AND SNAP / CRACK FROM THE COLD WEATHER :thumbup:

THE SHERCO GUARDS ARE VERY POOR :P

BUT CHEAPER THAN THE STICKERS :D