model 92, 325cc Sherpa engine rebuild help

leonj

Hi Guys

Does anyone have an engine manual they could possibly send me for a model 92 325 Sherpa? I have stripped it down as it was in a bad state, and ordered all the parts needed from In Motion but when the gasket kit has turned up there is 3 o rings (two the same size) one is smaller. but the engine never had any in at all anywhere when stripped so may have perished away.

I’m guessing on goes in the top hat space that goes in before the clutch basket, (small one) but the two large ones, is one for the output shaft? The first gear has the main part of output shaft attached to it and have to put this gear in first then the output shaft is slid inside this gear, should there be an o ring go there somewhere?

Just change the crank oil seals One goes on the crank before the ware sleeve (in the groove ) It is a long time since I pulled the engine gear box apart Think one fits behind the clutch sleeve and the other at the out put side of the gear box May be wrong It is over 40 year since I split an engine 

• Thanks 1

As Naichuff said, crank,clutch and output shaft.  Of the the two larger, one goes on the crank clutch side, the other on the output shaft. The smaller goes on on the mainshaft behind the clutch basket.  Each of them sits in a groove in the sleeves that are on each of those shafts

There is a blog here that someone did for a model 80 rebuild and he has a model 80 parts list. This will show you where the O rings are on the engine parts diagram as they fit the same on the M92

http://ralphsbultaco.blogspot.com/2014/04/12-download-parts-list.html

• Like 4