Honda Rtl

achahoish

:D

Yes a 1986 (drum) and a 1988 (disc) model.

Parts can be a problem depending on what it is... anything with the part number "ND9" in the middle are unobtainable nowadays. However some Honda parts fit several models such as the TLR. They are a fantastic bike, but not an every weekend bike to ride. Many have been confined to be shown or even bought as an asset.

Be careful if the motor is excessively smoky as this can be very expensive to sort out and pistons are not available, however there is someone in the middle of trying to get pistons made I believe.

Sorry don't know of "Track & Trail".

Big John

I see Adrian Lewis is listing pistons for the RTL on his website.

Edited by Achahoish

They are a fantastic bike, but not an every weekend bike to ride.

If I could find/afford/justify one it WOULD BE be an every weekend bike!

I know of three locally (Johns 2 and another one)but unfortunately have not had the pleasure of riding one to see how it compares to my TLR250 or Gollner TLR250 (sold as a reasonable proced alternative to the RTL at the time).

The nearest I can get to owning an RTL is a set of RTL forks on my TLR250!

The RTL is still my ideal trials bike aircooled, modern(ish) monoshock 4 stroke, before anyone comments I have tried a 141cc ish SY175 (stupid name for a bike with 141cc if you ask me - it should be an SY141 !) but fould it needed revving all the time and was not wholly convinced - lovely and light, good suspension and brakes but would have felt better with a bigger less revvy motor.