Escape ‘R’

lotus54

• 2 weeks later...

Another nice 2-Escape ‘R’ ride yesterday.  It is pretty fun having two electric bikes, so quiet.

Did about 13 miles (mostly very tight singletrack) lots of elevation changes and 2.5 hours of actual riding time.  High 30º f (~ 3.5C)
The batter indicator claimed about 50% charge at the end.

I suspect we could not have done the same ride again on the charge.  It appears riding on the road, even under 20mph draws the power pretty quickly.  Tomorrow I should have the license plate, so I’ll have to try a little ride on just road (with tyres pumped up) and see how it does. (Still waiting on replacement display, so will have to use GPS for distance/speed)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Still having lots of fun on the Escape R.  With the cold weather, range is less than I was hoping. But I will see when it warms up. It is a LOT better if everyrthing is slow trials or trial type stuff (1-5mph). Any road riding, even under 20mph seems to really lower the battery fast.

the FRB (fixed regenerative braking) does seem to help and make a really good ‘thumb’ rear brake.  Very effective.

• Like 2