wrong spokes or wheel out of true?

yankee99

somethings just never end like this bike rebuild of mine😫😫

ok here is my problem and really hope someone can help me with guidance.

My rear wheel hub and spokes were replaced. When my axle is equal distance from the swingarm bolt the wheel pulls front left hitting the chain guide.

So im thinking of 2 possible mistakes.

1. the new spoke come short and long is it possible they used the long spoke on short side and short spoke on long side?

2. the complete wheel is off and all spokes need to be loosened on one side and tightened on the other

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

somethings just never end like this bike rebuild of mine😫😫

ok here is my problem and really hope someone can help me with guidance.

My rear wheel hub and spokes were replaced. When my axle is equal distance from the swingarm bolt the wheel pulls front left hitting the chain guide.

So im thinking of 2 possible mistakes.

1. the new spoke come short and long is it possible they used the long spoke on short side and short spoke on long side?

2. the complete wheel is off and all spokes need to be loosened on one side and tightened on the other

Wheel building is a black art and few can do it properly. Measurements should have been taken before old spokes removed to ascertain position of wheel and bias to left and right. Your wheel builder will be able to pull it back quite easily as the spokes are nice and new thus bringing it more midline to the desired position. The same thing happened to me when restoring a Montesa. Mine was 5mm out.  I had to return wheel to builder. It is a quick fix for someone who knows what they are doing. Hope you get it sorted.

• Thanks 1