Another stupid question from an equally stupid person!

fox889

349 ‘81 bought as a heap & someone had already been digging around & started to remove certain pieces into a box, hence I’m unsure of where things go & how!

This model has an alloy tank with a fibreglass cover that simply straddles the alloy tank........silly question time, how does the alloy tank remain fixed?

The tank straddles the main crossbar of the frame & the tank cover sits on top of the tank......is that enough to secure the tank? There are no fittings on the alloy tank so I guess it just sits there? Obviously the tank will have bits of an old inner tube where it meets the frame [about to be powder coated] rather than scratch the new paint & probably the same between the tank & the cover.

Confused.......? Me?.......probably!

again, appreciate any thoughts you may have.

I have a bit of squishy insulation material zip-tied to the frame that's just enough that there's a little resistance to sliding the tank on, that way it never flaps around even when the bikes dropped.  The fibreglass cover should hold the tank on :)

• Thanks 1