4rt Throttle

big dave

first of all ...howard, where did you get the fast actions and what are they called??

second, I 've installed a throttle from a 315 ...I like it, it does seem faster action, but was not sold to me as such.......maybe some monresa dealers out there know the difference ...........................masso

Aluminum tubes are fast like the white ones.    :hyper:

I don't understand how it could slower? It looks like the spool diameter determines the cable take up rate, and on my aluminum tube the cable nipple socket is about 2mm from the tube and the tube is pretty thin. To make the spool part diameter less, the diameter of the bar and the throttle tube would have to be reduced. What am I missing?

It appears you're trying to take the 'edge' off a slightly headstrong machine by gearing it down. Had you considered that the bike is already low geared? Check out the ratios in comparison to say a Gas Gas Pro. Best bet to slow the thing down is fit a programmable ECU & have it set on a softer setting. More expensive than an outsized sprocket but does the job properly, not just a workaround.

On a fast action (white and/or aluminum) throttle the spool diameter is larger than the slow action ones.

I have a 'SLOW' action 'ALUMINIUM' throttle, had it on my Beta, and now on my 4RT, and definately slow action :hyper:

It is good to have the discussion of what's the best set up etc. etc. But everyone is different, what works for one person may not work for another and I am going through the process of testing all possibilities.

I have tried restrictors in and out, every combination, I have tried a bike with the programmable ECU, tried a bike with the titanium front pipe, different gearing, all are different and I suppose that is what is good about the 4RT, so many different bike set up over a 2 stroke.

You will eventually find the set up that works for you, not what works for eveyone else :D:ph34r:

Happy Testing :D

Edited by GIZZA5

I half fancied a 4rt last year but hated how the clutch worked & wasn't to keen on the fact that the thing was trying to cart me along half a yard quicker than I wanted. I also had a problem that it kept pumping my arms up in next to no time at all.

Anyway I tried an 06 bike just before Christmas, it had the 315 clutch master cylinder & a different handlebar set up. I was well impressed with it although it still was trying to run away with me a bit. I bought one & on the advice of a friend made sure it had the programmeable ecu on it which is set on a softer setting. It's certainly more laid back & suits me just fine. I've also got 5 1/2 inch renthals & Hebo footrests on it. Trying to work out what to do with the footrest hangers now as the stock item seems very soft & bendable.

I've bought the bike specifically to do ride 2 trials this year, ssdt & scott.