Scorpa SY250 - What to look for used?

Queestce

G'day all,

I'm a complete beginner to trials. Very keen to get a bike and learn. Not to compete at this stage, but to develop better off road handling skills. I have an adventure bike and I spend too much time picking it up 😂 

I am planning to look at an early 2000s Scorpa SY250 tomorrow. It's been stored for quite a while but looks quite tidy. Aside from the generic used bike checks I wondered if anyone on here might have some specific SY knowledge and be able to point me towards common issues I should be on the lookout for? Maybe trials bike specific things I should check out?

Any information would be very much appreciated!

Very keen to hop onboard.

Thanks all,

Tk

Edited by Queestce

1:The rubber seal under the choke ...plunger.., can decompose or get hard and fail to seat causing rich running condition even with choke ''off''.  2:  Many parts are getting hard to source. It is still a good machine, good luck:thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, pauls320 said:

1:The rubber seal under the choke ...plunger.., can decompose or get hard and fail to seat causing rich running condition even with choke ''off''.  2:  Many parts are getting hard to source. It is still a good machine, good luck:thumbup:

Do you know a source for that seal? I think mine may have done that. 

If yours is indeed not sealing anymore, you will probably have to dig it out the old one and source some Viton rubber in same thickness ( old one may have shrunk a little) and punch out a new one from the stock.