Practice day at Seymour’s Arena

NoTraction

Can anyone tell me what the layout is like at Seymour’s Arena? North Berks have a practice day this Sunday and I’m debating going but I’m a novice so don’t want to be climbing big rocks etc like I’ve seen in the photos of the place. Wondering if they have stuff there that’s beginner friendly?

TIA

It's really nicely laid out, there's lots of separate areas through which one can find different routes for different abilities so you can circle around one bit a bunch of times trying different things or do a bit of a tour.  Always have a good walk around anything before trying it, and maybe ride through in a very easy line to begin with because things look a bit different when you're on the bike.

There's one pit, however, that can be difficult to get out of when muddy, so keep an eye out for that (though if you do get stuck just ask for help, everybodys friendly!)

2 hours ago, turbofurball said:

It's really nicely laid out, there's lots of separate areas through which one can find different routes for different abilities so you can circle around one bit a bunch of times trying different things or do a bit of a tour.  Always have a good walk around anything before trying it, and maybe ride through in a very easy line to begin with because things look a bit different when you're on the bike.

There's one pit, however, that can be difficult to get out of when muddy, so keep an eye out for that (though if you do get stuck just ask for help, everybodys friendly!)

That’s great, thanks for letting me know. I met someone at a trial on Sunday and when I told them, knowing I’m a newbie, intimated that it might not be beginner friendly. He might have just watched me fall off rather spectacularly twisting my forks in the process but maybe not…… I fancy giving it a go, theres not much on around here in December i dont think 😀

Being fairly local and knowing very well the sort of terrain you’re riding, I’d 100% recommend getting up to a HUX practice at Denham Airfield on 2nd/4th Sundays of each month from 10am. Free but you do need to join the club in advance. Really friendly crew and will be on the money to get you rolling. 

Denham Aerodrome has been a regular fixture for ever - certainly since I started riding about 40 years ago (with a lot of gaps in between!!!). I do think it would suit what (I think) you’re after. Alas, I wasn’t at Stokenchurch - my wife is recuperating from an ACL operation So I’m a bit grounded for the next few weeks - garden section area coming on well though! Do try HUX - think it will be good for confidence.