Too Responsive

crash bandit

Having just rebuilt the motor on my first trials bike, TXT 270, I find the responce is very sudden. Being a total novice this makes it difficult to ride.( my limited experiance ) Having read a thread about flywheel weights and slow action throttles I think this may help, but which one? Fitting a slow throttle seems straight forward enough but what is envolved in fitting flywheel weights and at what cost.

I am assuming you are a novice rider but might have some Mechanical know how, what I did with my TXT gasgas bike(s) when I was novice was,

1> slow turn throttle, you need a spare throttle anyhow, get one and put the "black tube" on the bike.

2> adjusting the timing. if your timing has been modified in the past (previous owners) they will have advanced the timing trying to get snappy power. you can undo this, and even go the other way to smooth/soften the bike up a bit. By default there should be a mark (depending on which guy built it at the factory) on the stator bracket behind the flywheel where it was "stock" on my 321 I was about 1 milimeter retarded from that mark, and loved it.

3> a litle More can be gained with putting an extra gasket below the cylinder, which you may not want to do after just having it rebuilt if you didnt do it yourself.