2013 Beta Evo 2T 200 Questions about Manual and Wiring Diagram

bigbird2

My bike would not start (after previously starting easily and running fine) and I've spent many hours trying to figure out why.  It had a spark but it was weak!

Section 3.10.1 "Testing the Ignition Stator" in the official Beta Workshop Manual  says:

The stator winding must be inspected while
the  temperature  of  the  component  is  ap- proximately 20 °C.
The inspection may also be performed with the generator coupled to the engine.
Disconnect   the   12-way   black  connector between  the  generator  and  CDI  and  with the use 
of a multimeter, verify that the resi- stances read between the terminals shown below fall within 
the prescribed range: black-white (pick-up): 320 ohm ± 15%
red-blue (condenser): 300 ohm ±15 %
yellow-brown (services): 0.45 ohm ±20 %

I got the prescribed values for the "black-white" and the "red-blue" terminals but there is NO YELLOW terminal so nothing to test for the "yellow-brown (services)???

There is a yellow wire near by but it does not go thru the 12-way connector??  (and it does not give the 0.45 ohm value when tested with the brown wire that is in the 12-way connector 

Does anyone know what the disconnect is???

I also have been unable to find a Wiring Diagram that is applicable for this bike.  Can anyone point me to one.

THANK YOU for any help!

57 minutes ago, bigbird2 said:

My bike would not start (after previously starting easily and running fine) and I've spent many hours trying to figure out why.  It had a spark but it was weak!

Section 3.10.1 "Testing the Ignition Stator" in the official Beta Workshop Manual  says:

The stator winding must be inspected while
the  temperature  of  the  component  is  ap- proximately 20 °C.
The inspection may also be performed with the generator coupled to the engine.
Disconnect   the   12-way   black  connector between  the  generator  and  CDI  and  with the use 
of a multimeter, verify that the resi- stances read between the terminals shown below fall within 

I got the prescribed values for the "black-white" and the "red-blue" terminals but there is NO YELLOW terminal so nothing to test for the "yellow-brown (services)???

There is a yellow wire near by but it does not go thru the 12-way connector??  (and it does not give the 0.45 ohm value when tested with the brown wire that is in the 12-way connector 

Does anyone know what the disconnect is???

I also have been unable to find a Wiring Diagram that is applicable for this bike.  Can anyone point me to one.

THANK YOU for any help!

Call your dealer, and he shkuld get the info from the importer. Have you pulled off the flywheel, cleaned the rotor, checked all wirs inside and made sure you did not shear the flywheel key? Next thing would check all grounds, including the screws that hold the stator on.

May not be relevant  but worth checking,  had similar problems  with my Evo,  when i took the trigger/ pick up coil off to check the stator there was a lump of dirt/ grease on it, i cleaned  off with solvent and lo and behold  everything  was fine again

Thanks folks, I did take off the flywheel and cleaned up in there and checked all the wires before I made the first post above.  It did finally start but the spark is still weak and it sometimes takes several kicks???

I would still like the answers to my 2 questions:

I got the prescribed values for the "black-white" and the "red-blue" terminals but there is NO YELLOW terminal so nothing to test for the "yellow-brown (services)???

Question #1 - Does anyone know what the disconnect is regarding the yellow wire???

Question #2 - I also have been unable to find a Wiring Diagram that is applicable for this bike.  Can anyone point me to one.

THANK YOU for any help!